The Ramadan, what is it exactly?
- 7 mei 2019
- Niveau: Havo/vwo bovenbouw
- Bron: Youtube
The Ramadan is starting May 6th this year, but what do you know about Ramadan? Have you ever thought about what Muslims are commemorating and celebrating? Let’s find out!
Discuss in groups of four:
- What do you know about the Ramadan?
- What is, according to you, the definition of sinful behaviour?
- How many Muslims are there worldwide?
- Which Muslims have to fast?
- What sinful behaviour is mentioned in the clip?
- What happens at the end of the Ramadan?
Discuss in the same groups as before:
- Why do Muslims fast during the Ramadan?
- Do you think not behaving sinfully helps with the Ramadan? And you think all Muslims keep to this?
- What do you think of the Ramadan? Are you (if you aren’t already) considering doing this?
Are you interested to find out more? Read this article and answer the questions.
- What do you need to do when you sight the new moon?
- Muslims use the lunar calendar, what is that exactly? And which calendar do you use in your country?
- Which other pillars of faith are there for Muslims?
- Discuss in pairs: Do you think Ramadan should be made an official holiday in your country for all people, just like Christmas for example? Why (not)?
Wil je meer weten over onze Engelse methode Stepping Stones?Naar website