The history of Halloween
- 26 oktober 2018
- Niveau: Onderbouw
- Bron: National Geographic
On October 31st Halloween is celebrated in several countries. When did they start this tradition?
Watch the video and find out.
1. With what people did the Halloween tradition begin?
2. What did they originally celebrate on the 31st of October?
3. Why did they used to start a fire on the 31st of October?
4. What did they celebrate on the first of November in the Catholic church?
5. When did Halloween come to America?
6. Why did youngsters originally wear masks during Halloween?
7. Why did people start giving treats?
8. What do you think, should Halloween also be celebrated in the Netherlands? Discuss.
Wil je meer weten over onze methode Engels Stepping Stones?