Running: the most common new year’s resolution
- 3 januari 2019
- Niveau: Havo/vwo bovenbouw
- Bron: Youtube
Happy new year everyone! Did you make a new year’s resolution? You probably did, just like everybody else. And do you know which new year’s resolution is the most common one? Exercising and in particular: running! So, here is some information for your about running and why it is so good!
- Did you make a new year’s resolution? Tell your neighbour about it.
- Do you exercise? Discuss your answer in pairs and elaborate your answer.
- Running a marathon is better for your body than short runs. True/false
- Your heart stays the same size while running. True/false
- What does oxygen do to your body?
- Are you convinced that you should start running or continue running? Why (not)?
- Did you change your new year’s resolution after watching the video? Why (not)?
If you want more information about this topic, read this article and answer the questions below.
- What could be a downside to running according to the article?
- “Running has a reputation for causing wear and tear, but new research suggests that it may actually prevent injuries rather than increase the risk of them.” Explain this in your own words.
- This article suggests that running may not be good for women, but it also mentions advantages, please find three.
- There are two tips to be found in this article, apart from all the up- and downsides of running. What are they, and do you agree with them?
Wil je meer weten over onze Engelse methode Stepping Stones?