More sustainable sneakers
- 2 maart 2020
- Niveau: Havo/vwo bovenbouw
- Bron: National Geographic
Click on the image to play the video.
Are you aware of the environment and the impact that you have on pollution? What about shoes? Do you wear sneakers? The production of sneakers is extremely polluting, but there might be a solution. Let’s find out!
In groups of 4, discuss question 1 to 3:
- Do you know what sustainability is?
- How, do you think, can sneakers be made more sustainable?
- Would you consider buying sustainable sneakers?
Watch the video about plastic materials in sneakers. Answer question 4 to 7:
- Why, according to the clip, are sneakers a big thing? Mention two examples.
- What’s plastic used for in sneakers?
- What is the problem with old sneakers?
- Why can’t old sneakers be recycled?
Answer question 8 tot 10:
- What, according to the clip, is the problem with sustainable shoes?
- Do you think this could all really work? Why (not)?
- Have a look at your answer at question 3 again. Answer the question again.
Are you interested in this subject? Read this article and answer the questions below.
- Explain the term “just-in-time degradability.”
- Which examples of wrong uses in fashion are mentioned? Give two examples.
- Do you think you would wear these sneakers?
- Can you think of anything that should be made more sustainable?
Wil je meer weten van onze methode Engels Stepping Stones?