Light-up for Diwali!
- 5 november 2018
- Niveau: Havo/vwo onderbouw
- Bron: Express.co.uk
On Wednesday the 7th of November people in India celebrate the Hindu festival of Diwali.
Watch the video and find out how they celebrate this festival.
1. What is a different name for this festival?
2. What is a popular eastern nibble?
3. For how long does this snack have to be fried?
4. Why does the restaurant not change the menu?
5. Is the festival only meant for Hindus? Explain.
Read the text on the same site.
6. What do the festivities of Diwali symbolise?
7. What does Diwali signify for many Hindu people?
8. After watching the video and reading the text what do you like best about the festival of Diwali? Discuss.
Wil je meer weten over onze methode Engels Stepping Stones?