- 28 augustus 2018
- Niveau: Havo/vwo bovenbouw
- Bron: ABC News
Have you ever heard about a hurricane or tornado? What happens when it comes across a place where people live? And what does it do to the environment? Look the video to find out more.
- Who or what is Lane?
- How many inches of rain have fallen in four days?
- What is said about the port of Honolulu and planes from the mainland?
- True/False: Lane is worse than hurrican Harvey from last year.
- In the final shot, temperatures are between 100 and 104 degrees, how much would that be in Celsius? Look it up.
Would you like to find out more about hurricanes? Read this article and answer the questions below.
- What is the difference between a hurricane, typhoon and a cycloon?
- How do hurricanes start?
- Which two steps are there before a storm becomes a hurricane?
- What is the connection between a hurricane and a tornado?
- Discuss with using the information from the text: Why do certain parts of the world have hurricanes and others don’t?
Wil je meer weten over onze Engelse methode Stepping Stones?Naar website