Daylight Saving Time
- 5 november 2019
- Niveau: Havo/vwo bovenbouw
- Bron: Youtube
Did you change the clock because of Daylight Saving Time too? Did you ever wonder why we do this? Well, let’s find out.
Before watching in groups of four:
- Do you know what Daylight Saving Time is? Explain it to each other.
- Discuss possible reasons why Daylight Saving Time is used.
- How long do you think it has been around for?
- Why was Daylight Saving Time used and introduced?
- When and where was Daylight Saving Time actually put in use?
- What does the location of the country have to do with using Daylight Saving Time or not?
- Why is Daylight Saving Time up for discussion according to the clip?
- Which arguments are giving to abolish Daylight Saving Time?
After watching in groups of four:
- What do you think? Should Daylight Saving Time still be used or not? And why?
Do you want to find out more? Read this text and answer the questions below.
- Do you think it’s a big hassle to change the clock twice a year?
- Do you feel you lose a lot of sleep over it?
- What effect, according to the article, does the change of clock have?
- After watching the clip and reading the article, what do you think about Daylight Saving Time? Do you think we should abolish it or keep it, and why?
Wil je meer weten over onze Engels methode Stepping Stones?Naar website