Corona apps, how do they work?
- 12 mei 2020
- Niveau: Havo/vwo bovenbouw
- Bron: Youtube
Have you heard about the possible ‘corona apps’ that are coming up? Do you know how they work and what they do? Let’s find out.
Discuss the following questions in groups of three:
- What do you know about corona apps?
- What would be an important feature for you in a corona app?
- Would you use the corona app if the government made one?
Watch the video and answer the questions.
- How does a corona app actually work? Write it down in key words.
- What is an advantage of this app that Google and Apple are working on?
- How does contact tracing work?
- What can’t Apple and Google do?
Discuss with your class.
- Did your view about the corona apps change?
- Would you use a corona app if other companies than Apple and Google developed it? Why (not)?
Would like to find out more about this topic? Read this article and answer the questions below.
- How does the app work in China?
- What do you think of this? Is it ethical?
- Do you think we need to set aside privacy issues to get corona under control? And where should we draw the line?
- Do you think China’s way of handling the corona crisis with the app might work in your country? Why (not)?
Wilt u meer weten van onze Engels methode Stepping Stones?