Breakthrough in paralyzed people walking again!
- 25 september 2018
- Niveau: Havo/vwo bovenbouw
- Bron: The Washington Post
Have you ever heard of being paralyzed? And did you ever think of the consequences it might have on your life? Well, there’s a big breakthrough that might help a lot of paralyzed people with, literally, their next step.
- How did Kelly become paralyzed?
- What’s the new information about the spinal cord that helped this breakthrough?
- True/False: Kelly is the first paralyzed person in the world to walk again.
- True/False: Jeff’s injury isn’t as bad as Kelly’s.
- True/False: All paralyzed patients are able to walk again.
If you are interested in more about this topic, read this text and answer the questions below.
- What did Zoran Nenadic skip to get to these results?
- The text states that the answer to question 1 isn’t new, but what is so special about this?
- Describe in your own words what a patient needs to do to walk again using VR.
- Why is this technique not yet available for more people?
Meer weten over onze Engelse methode Stepping Stones?