Going Nuts for Peppernuts
- 5 december 2019
- Niveau: Onderbouw
- Bron: All things Dutch
‘Pepernoten’ are a delicious Dutch Sinterklaas candy. But there is more to know about them!
Watch the video.
- What do you like better, ‘pepernoten’ (peppernuts) or ‘kruidnoten’ (spiced nuts)?
- Peppernuts stay good for a long time. Why could that be a good thing? Think about keeping food in a time where people didn’t have a fridge yet.
- Should peppernuts be sold all year? Why?
- Some people say spiced nuts should also be called peppernuts, do you agree? Explain to a classmate why, or why not.
- Do you like or dislike the tradition of throwing candy through a room? Discuss with a classmate.
Wil je meer weten over onze methode Engels Stepping Stones?Naar website