Global supply chain crisis
- 1 november 2021
- Niveau: Havo/vwo onderbouw
- Bron: CNN
Over 100 ships filled with goods are floating outside California, with nowhere to go. Many companies can’t meet customer demand, and experts say this is a global supply chain crisis that will last until next year. What does this mean for you? Let’s find out more!
Watch the video of 3:55 minutes (Source: CNN)
Questions about the video:
- What is happening in the US?
- “This is where the supply chain meets the US economy” What does safeguard Commander Steven Bor mean by this?
- Describe the chain reaction and its consequences as described by Steven Bor.
- What does Mario Cordero say about Amazon?
- Describe in your own words what a supply chain is and what the main reason for the crisis is.
Do you want to learn more about this topic? Read this article from The Guardian about what happened and the consequences it had.
- Which recent developments have made the supply chain crisis worse?
- According to the text, what is a good example of what is going on and how are countries affected by it?
- Next to the crisis at the ports, the text discusses an additional issue that is affecting the distribution of goods. Describe the issue using your own words.
- What can the government do to prevent supply crises in the future? What can you do?
- What are you going to do if the presents you had in mind for Christmas are unavailable? How or with what could you replace them?
- Discuss the possible advantages of the supply chain crisis.
Wil je meer weten over onze Engelse methode Stepping Stones?