Extreme flooding in Britain on the Isle of Man
- 2 oktober 2019
- Niveau: Onderbouw
- Bron: ITV News
In several parts of Britain there have been reports of flooding. However, on the Isle of Man the flooding is the worst. Read the questions and watch the video to find out more.
Answer the questions.
- At the beginning of the video, what is happening with the fire engine?
- Where does all the water come from?
- What does the news presenter explain about the first wall where the water broke through?
- Why is the coast guard helicopter there on stand-by?
- Discuss in groups whether a flooding like this is likely to happen in your neighbourhood.
- Discuss in pairs what the cause could be for a flooding in your own neighbourhood.
Wil je meer weten over onze methode Engels Stepping Stones? Naar website