Climate change causes extreme weather
- 7 september 2021
- Niveau: Havo/vwo bovenbouw
- Bron: CNN
The Caldor Fire is the fifteenth largest wildfire in California history. Scientists say that extreme weather and storms like this can be linked to climate change. What do they mean? Let’s find out more!
Watch the video of 2.46 minutes (Source: CNN)
Questions about the video:
- Besides the Caldor Fire, what other types of extreme weather can be linked to climate change?
- The United Nations Intergovernmental Panel said that ‘it is unequivocal that humans have caused the climate crisis’. What do you think this means and why do they say this?
- What type of irreversible changes have already happened because of climate change?
- What is the connection between the mega drought and the heavy rainstorms?
Do you want to learn more about this topic? Read this article from The Guardian about what people can do to help save the planet.
Questions about the text:
- Why is it important to plant more trees and to mow less?
- What is an ‘ethiscore’? Explain in your own words.
- How did a small group of locals in Ilkley help save the planet?
- If we do nothing to prevent climate change, what do you think will happen in the next ten years?
- What can you do in the Netherlands to help save the planet?
- Do you think we are too late to make significant changes to prevent climate change? Why (not)?
Wil je meer weten over onze Engelse methode Stepping Stones?Naar website